Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 77: Julius Caesar: What I Learned (Part 1 of 2)

This has been one heck of a week. What started out as an easy week re-reading a play I remembered from high school turned into a week of frantic travel plans and packing of funeral clothes. Shakespeare took a back burner. But as I spent time with my family and decided not to worry about anything else, I also remembered that I DID learn something about Shakespeare this week after all. 

I learned that scheduling nine months' worth of reading into a twelve month period was an excellent idea. I built "catch up" right into my schedule. So I'm forgetting about Julius Caesar for now. I've already read it anyway, so it's not even cheating. I'm not going to struggle to finish it and then put the rest of my reading plans behind schedule. I'll just tack it on at the end, or else read it when I have a few days in between plays (some plays only take a day or two to read, then I don't need to start the new one until the following Tuesday). It'll get done. Whatever. When I read it, I'll post a new "What I Learned" thingy.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a lady who would have made Shakespeare weak in the knees. She was a matriarch, a lady who lived through two world wars, tonnes of family dramas, a scandal or two, more losses than are fair, more fairness than most ever show, and did it all with a twinkle in her eye and a bite in her speech. She was a helluva lady, all 103 years she was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment